Sunday, September 2, 2012

Green!




I can remember the summer between 4th and 5th grade when I took my first sewing class. We were supposed to pick out a 'simple' pattern to make an article of clothing. I picked a one piece romper with a zipper, of all things! My favorite color at that time was green. I found a green calico at the local fabric store, Rags to Stitches, and was so excited to sew it up. Needless to say it was way over my head and I can never remember wearing it! It kind of soured me to sewing and I had no desire to sew again until I got married. The moral of that story is give someone a super super basic pattern to sew as a beginner so they feel like they could actually see themselves sewing again! The good thing about that class is that I met a friend that I still keep in touch with to this day, so she is my 'oldest' friend. She is the one who first told me about etsy and encouraged me to open up my shop 4 years ago. So that's the good that came out of that class! :) My favorite color has changed over the years, unlike some people who keep the same favorite their whole life. In high school, purple became a favorite until around the year 2000 & then I was into red. About 3 years ago, thanks to Jennifer Paganelli, aqua has been the forerunner! So swinging back to the blanket I made above from various fabric designers, it is an ode to my childhood sewing class I took so long ago! It is now available in my shop. :)

1 comment:

Nina... said...

Gorgeous! i have been working on a simiar quilt incorporating blues, greens and greys. I love your style!

Thanks for visiting!