Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What I'm Working On

minky blanket
barcelona skirt















quilt WIP



Just some projects I've finished or are currently working on. I have posted all these in instagram, so I feel like I neglect the blog! It's like mini blogging. First pic is a blanket I made with my freespirit winnings plus adding past Jennifer fabrics. 
Second is Amy Butler's Barcelona skirt, altered. The original length to cut is 28" & I changed it to 23". I just prefer the skirt to go above my knee. Also, I don't line it. I worry that the bulk will make me look wider, so I just omit that step and attach the zipper as directed & just finish the top edge myself. Now, the pattern is perfect in my opinion & I plan on making a bunch to match my cardigans!
Last is the quilt pattern I'm working on for my shop using Happy Land. I have in the past used 8" squares or random patchwork, but felt like adding a different design. I am fussy cutting flowers from the line and mixing it all up with the small inner and outer borders. I'm calling it Flower Box, so If you are interested in having one of these, let me know. Right now my plans are to make this a 40x56 as that works as a small throw, toddler bed or baby quilt size. I can always make it bigger! ;)

2 comments:

Melissa P said...

Happy, happy, happy land at your house! I know we'll be see this collection pop up frequently as you mix and match it. Can't wait to see it all.

Anonymous said...

Be warned the Barcelona skirt is addictive...I have about 6 now in all of my favourite prints like Amy Butler!

Thanks for visiting!