Saturday, March 12, 2011

Patchwork Curtains in My Sewing Room


I got two more elements in my sewing room done~ patchwork curtains & skirting my work tables. Keep in mind that I took stuff out so you aren't distracted by everything else going on! :) I love how the curtains came out, exactly the look I wanted! I combined mostly Jennifer Paganelli prints with Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Tanya Whelan, Sandi Henderson, Dena, Patty Young. I went to my scrap bags and just pieced according to the colors I wanted with an overall word in the back of my mind~ picnic. I'm not sure why I had that direction, but I tried a few different color combos and this one captured the colors and look I was going for. I find it easier to decorate a room with a word or theme in mind. I hot glued velcro to my tables and then sewed velcro to fabric and attached them. I love how its all shaping up, but I still have lots more to do!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

I L.O.V.E. your sewing room! I'm just getting ready to redo mine and yours gives me so much inspiration! Thank you!

ktquilts said...

I want to come live in this room!!! All my favorite fabrics are there. The walls are my favorite colors!!! Sew cheerful, a room chock-full of inspiration!!!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

I hate you. Your sewing room is freaking awesome. It could be in a magazine. :-)

Marie said...

Those are awesome! Your sewing room is just amazing! Love it!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

LOVE them! Your room looks amazing! We are all want to work there with you!
Mechelle

Nina... said...

Your work space looks so bright and cheery!

walklet said...

Love it, what kind of sewing table do you have for your sewing machine?

sewfunbymonique said...

Walklet, its from Roberts Mfg table. :)

Melissa said...

Love these curtains! I am about to make some for my sewing room. Two questions, did you back them and if so what kind of fabric did you use? Thanks

Juststitchin60 said...

Did you add a liner or backing to your curtains and if so "how"? I'm a newbie at curtains but I have 3 huge windows to make curtains for like this.
Thank You
And btw your sewing room is what I'm aiming for but so far it's just a jumbled mess :-/ but I'm working on it :-)

Juststitchin60 said...

Did you add a liner or backing to your curtains and if so "how"? I'm a newbie at curtains but I have 3 huge windows to make curtains for like this.
Thank You
And btw your sewing room is what I'm aiming for but so far it's just a jumbled mess :-/ but I'm working on it :-)

Thanks for visiting!