Thursday, October 14, 2010

WIPs of the Week




Thought I'd share what I'm working on this week~ and one finish! :) Woo Hoo to the dish towels! Actually, it is something to celebrate because they are for someone's JUNE bday!! They have a spanish style house & I thought Fandango by Kate Spain would be perfect for their kitchen. I have decided not to use flour sack towels in the future. They are just not square, and it drives me nuts!! The random patch blanket is going to have a matching pillow sham when its all done. Hope to finish by this weekend. Finally, the bird block has more additions of 1.5" strips to add to make an 18" pillow cover to match a throw I've made with another Valori Wells fabric. Just thought I'd try to sell a set rather than just a throw. Love the pinky~peaches, lavenders, gold & red together. What are you working on this week?


4 comments:

Leslie said...

these are great projects. i love that fandango fabric

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Beautiful! I really love the bird block, and that quilt looks amazing so far! Great color/fabric combinations!

trish said...

I love your towels!! :o)

NadineC said...

I agree about the flour sack dishtowels, including the more expensive colored ones they sell in the kitchen stores. The last time I used one, I just couldn't stand it, so I squared it up before embellishing. Of course that meant I lost a few inches, and I did have to re-hem all sides, but at least it was square and I felt like I could give it away without feeling like it was a cockeyed mess :-) BTW - I'm your Christmas Swap partner!
Nadine
cummingsnadine@aol.com
http://apronvalleyroad.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting!