Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Wardrobe

One of my favorite quick & easy projects is appliqueing fabric to tshirts. My mom uniform consists of jeans & a tee or sweats and a tee, so I enjoy adding beautiful prints to the shirts. Paired with a coordinating cardigan or zip sweatshirt and I'm good to go! Fabric lines I used from top left: Nest by Valori Wells, Glam Garden by Josephine Kimberling, Innocent Crush by Anna Maria Horner, Bliss by Bonnie & Camille and Bell Bottoms by Jennifer Paganelli. Its all raw edge applique & I use thread to attach in the same color as the tee with a zigzag around the edge. The Bliss & Bell Bottoms I used pinking shears & then just straight stitched just inside the design so the edges fray a little. Which one will I wear today??

2 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I really like all of those! I wear the same uniform. Seriously in the winter I am all about comfort and practicality! Well really I am like that year round! Great ideas! I still have your tee turned cardigan idea in my head.

Melissa P said...

You are set! Really, what else do you need to get through the day? Comfort and stylish design elements. I think that's just about sufficient. Coffee might be the only addition I'd make. ;)

Thanks for visiting!