Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slipcovers!

Sometimes it seems crazy, but I love to slipcover things. I have slipcovered my family room table because I thought it was ugly, I have slipcovered my couch twice, my bedroom headboard, and 3 chairs and some seats. My husband doesn't understand my obsession, but there is something wonderful in creating a new object and transforming it. My most recent slipcover is slipcover #2 on my bedroom couch. It was originally dark blue with cat scratchings from my mom and I have since slipcovered it twice. The first time was when I had a purple and tan bedroom and now it is red, harvest gold and olive green with lots of cream accents. My mother in law found a matlasse throw for $1 with some stains. I cut it up, added some fabric samples from the designer in my family plus remnants from JoAnn fabrics and voila! I recovered the throw pillow, too. I cut off a family heirloom pillow case that was ripped and made a topper for the pillow. Great reuse! H & I are still working on her Christmas quilt and my duvet, but I should finish the binding today before the end of the day. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. My etsy shop has free shipping on any items thru December 1.

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!