Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Patchwork


This is what I worked on today. Do you ever feel like the day is over and what did you accomplish? Well, this is show and tell for me! I am making XXL patchwork and minky throws for the sweetest person! This is number one. It is flowers & fairies in peaches, corals, greens and a little purple. When I started putting it together on my (just cleaned) floor, it looked blah, so I ran upstairs and pulled out the new Amy Butler line that has corals and greens in it as well as the melon background with white flowers (don't know the designer). It added the pop I wanted and balanced the colors. I am really happy with it now and am excited to sew it up! This is one of the many times that having a HUGE fabric stash "pays off"!! You can see my notebook in the corner. Its my low-tech way of figuring out a pattern. Every blanket seems to be a different size, so I sit down with my graph paper and map it out. This way if I get off track, I can check the arrangement after seams are sewn and pressed. I often sew a little, do laundry, sew a little, help with homework, etc. I would go batty trying to keep myself on track each time. I do think after 40 its harder to do that! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

it's really pretty, love the fabrics! i totally can relate to the over 40 thing, i think my brain is getting a little mushy!

Lisa said...

Oh I am in love......I think that one is mine♥♥♥

How sweet are you for the kind comment.

Moniqe I feel I have met a very nice person who is sweet, talented and very kind.☺☀

I just may have to add your blog to my blog list.

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa said...

Oh no wait that one is Taiga's.....I LOVE IT♡

Ellie said...

So pretty! Can't wait to see it finished. I love what you put together:).

Swift Jan said...

I love the colours! Just beautiful...

Givinya De Elba said...

My brain has been getting mushy for years. I am now 8 years off 40. What hope is there for me?

Thanks for visiting!