Sunday, September 12, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes by Holly


Today I'm having my daughter, Holly, as a guest blogger. She loves to bake and made Red Velvet Cupcakes for tonight's dessert . . .
I have always heard of how good red velvet cupcakes are, but haven't ever had them until recently. I found a recipe online but when we tried them they tasted like cornbread and were very bland. Then, we got Duncan Hines red velvet cake mix and added a 1/2 cup sour cream to it. They were very moist and tasted much better! I kept the same frosting from the previous recipe because the frosting was delicious! Hope you try them and liked them as much as I did!
Frosting Recipe:
Ingredients:
~ 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
~ 1 stick butter
~ 4 oz cream cheese
~ 1/4 teaspoon salt
~ 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions:
Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and blend for 2 minutes on medium speed.

2 comments:

Sherry Hicks said...

Please tell Holly her cupcakes look wonderful and My Daughter Abby will try to bake them over the weekend, thanks for the recipe. Love your apron Holly!

sherry

trish said...

What a darling daughter to bake such delicious cup cakes for you all. :o)
And she looks so pretty in her apron.
I hope you are having a nice week.
Sincerely - Trish

Thanks for visiting!