Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Land preview

Midnight colorway includes navy, aqua, fuchsia, golden yellow & green

Hand quilted using Aurifil thread #2588

back

Ta Da!
I was super excited to win some of Jennifer Paganelli's soon to be released Happy Land fabric! It got shipped to me yesterday & I decided by the end of the day the first thing I would make is a purse for myself! It is my own pattern & I used fusible batting so I could hand quilt some details & machine quilt the rest. I have found that Aurifil #2588 is usually an awesome match for the fuchsia in Jennifer's fabrics. I used that so the quilting would stand out more. When ever I get her new fabric, I am itching to make something asap! :) It is supposed to be released Oct 1, but sometimes they are early. I know that Hawthorne Threads is planning to carry it. Next up is (of course) a baby blanket using Happy Land midnight and other previous JP lines.

4 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Oh it turned out so pretty! Love the quilting!

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

It's beautiful!! Can't wait to get my hands on some Happy Land!!

Melissa P said...

I'm very eager to get my hands on some Happy Land. Love those saturated colors! Your bag turned out lovely.

kwilts5394 said...

Not only do I love Happy Land but your bag is awesome! It looks perfect for a "briefcase, file folder" carrier for work.
Are you going to publish your pattern?

Thanks for visiting!