Saturday, December 28, 2013

Accordian Bag by Sew Sweetness


I have a customer that I have worked with on custom diaper bags and purses over the years and she contacted me recently to make her another custom purse. I sent her over to my friend Sara Lawson's  Sew Sweetness pattern shop and she picked out the Accordian Bag. I absolutely love the flap and think it's a great way to use up scraps as those pieces are 3x9. It would also be a great bag to showcase a new fabric line as 11 fabrics are used in the flap. Tone on tone and small patterned fabrics work well for the flap because you are folding the fabric. She also gives directions for a single fabric flap if you wanted that style instead. This is my first try at Sara's patterns and I'm happy to say they are easy to follow, downloadable with lots of pictures. I have found that this type of pattern works best for me as I am a visual learner. For this pattern, there are only 2 pieces you have to print out and the rest she gives you the dimensions so you could rotary cut them out. It's really the perfect, medium sized bag. I'm looking forward to making the Aeroplane bag next!

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!