Friday, May 14, 2010

Cartwheels

My daughter has recently decided to perfect her cartwheels after having a gymnastics unit in PE. She never took gymnastics, so really didn't know how to do them. She will let me know she is cartwheeling in the front and will practice for quite a while. I kind of got thinking how fun it was doing cartwheels when I was a kid and the free feeling of your legs above your head. With my family egging me on, I decided to try one. Let me tell you that cartwheels don't feel the same when you are 40-something!! My wrists & arms ached for a while afterwards and the feeling when my legs were up in the air was terrifying, not exhilirating! I can now be satisfied with just watching her do them and not longing for that non-existant feeling. :)

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!