Thursday, June 9, 2011

Patchwork Diaper Bag


I had the pleasure of sewing a patchwork diaper bag for Nakia recently. Its one of my favorite things to sew~ well anything patchwork is! :) I used 5" squares and just trimmed down as necessary to create this aqua, lime and teal bag from fabrics by Amy Butler, Jennifer Paganelli, Patty Young & Michael Miller. She ordered a changing pad in Patty Young's Hummingbird and wanted an aqua/green bag so I added that print to the mix and any others that coordinated. Jennifer's Ann Flower Mural was added towards the end because as I walked by my fabric wall I noticed it would be gorgeous in the mix. I enjoy impromptu fabric mixes. You never know what coordinates sometimes until you are sewing along and you see one more who wants in on the fun! Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids, so I've got lots to do today. Hope you are enjoying your day!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Very cute bag! :)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Ooo I love your patchwork diaper bags...the flap on this one is gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting!