Monday, June 6, 2011

Dresden Plate Clock


I finished the block for my sewing room clock a while back but had to wait for my husband to put the clock mechanics in because I didn't think about a particular issue. Sometimes my creative mind doesn't think about the logistics. I bought a 24" artist canvas to stretch out this block and didn't notice that a piece of wood runs across the back in the middle making it difficult to put the clock mechanics in the back. Duh! Luckily it fit between the canvas & wood. It bulges a tiny bit, but I don't care. :) I used the dresden plate block from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book and then stitched it to Kona white and quilted it. Then I stretched it across the canvas and stapled in the back. I used various fabrics from Jennifer Paganelli including her newest Honey Child. Loooove it!!! Still working on getting more together in my sewing room, so more to post coming up. For now, I can now see its almost 11:30 and I'm still in my pajamas, so I'd better go! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

OH my gosh!!!! Thisis the MOST fabulous idea!!! You must tag Jennifer or send her a pic! I love it!!!

Amy DeCesare said...

This is so perfect...one of my alltime favorite blocks, with gorgeous fabrics. I'd be a clockwatcher all day with that one!

Unknown said...

Декоративно-прикладной антиквариат: найдите лучшие товары в разделе Часы. Быстрая доставка и доступная цена позволит вам выгодно купить . антикварные часы

Thanks for visiting!