Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Crazy Love Birds


I really love the bird tutorial I found from spool sewing to make these little birds. They are great for small pieces of fabric scraps as the finished length is apx 5". I had some scraps from my Crazy Love quilt that Jennifer blogged about recently and wanted to make ornaments, but I decided not to attach a string as I really like mine on my windowsill
You can see the one I originally did on the far left with Honey Child. They make great stocking stuffers or cute topper on a gift! I just machine sewed the bottom shut, but you could fancy hand sew it! I'm working on a few handmade gifts, not too many as I only have a few days left!! Made some pj pants for myself last night out of some flannel and am still wearing them at 12:30pm right now. Its a cozy day here in southern CA!!

2 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Monique these are absolutely beautiful girl. Love them! I flipped out of the quilt too. You are so talented.

Melissa P said...

What great company for your sewing room!

Thanks for visiting!