Friday, January 29, 2010

Mail Bag Work in Progress

Erin, a REALLY fun person I met through my etsy shop , previously purchased a diaper bag from me and now wanted to try the mail bag (found here: http://www.pinkchalkfabrics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_75_78&products_id=3~ but in patchwork~ so here it is so far. I sent her some links which started with the Anna Griffin medallion at the top from her new line & from there Erin found great coordinates from http://hawthornethreads.com. They have this great feature in their shop where you can choose coordinates based on a color in the fabric~ it's really fun. You can also shop by color, which is great when you are looking for a tomato red like Erin! I am excited to see how it comes out. I cut each square 5" (actually did strips, then cut) & used a 1/2" seam instead of 1/4" because Erin is hard on bags! :0 The finished squares were 4.5" , then used the pattern to cut out the shape from the patchwork. Will post pics when done! What are you working on today??

4 comments:

rosie/the fabric shopper said...

Well, I know I am going to adore that bag! That is a super great feature on the Hawthorne Threads shop site. Their whole site is very user friendly.

Lisa said...

Monique,

Head on over to my blog and watch the incredible video!

Yippee!

trish said...

What a pretty bag that will be.
:o) Trish

Swift Jan said...

i love the colors

Thanks for visiting!