Saturday, June 5, 2010

Room with A View

Since moving my sewing room into the dining room, I have consciously tried to pretty up what I see out that window. I have 5 roses in the foreground right outside the window that I didn't keep up with the anti-rust treatment & have already had to cut them back. :( The trumpet vines are really flourishing & I love looking at them. Every time I do I think, 'You know, Amy Butler's Trumpet Flower in pink is the exact shade of my trumpet flowers! I need to make a pillow to put on that bench to match'. This conversation has continued with myself for several months now, and I'm happy to say I jumped in and made it out of the laminated cotton. Now, I just need to paint the bench, get new flowers for the pot. At least I can check the pillow off my list! :) Here is a link to the Sew & Tell Friday: http://www.amylouwho.com/

5 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Oh, I was just looking at that laminated fabric the other day! I never thought of using it for outdoor pillows! Brilliant!

Carla said...

Now that is picture perfect :o)

Sewn With Grace said...

What a lovely view! Happy Sunday!

Lisa said...

Wow what a view!!
See just like I said on my post what I imagined your home to be like. Pretty and magical and it is most certainly that.

Have missed you.

Hugs,
Lisa

pinksuedeshoe said...

On man, how wonderful to be sewing in the dining room all the time! Pretty view and pretty pillow!

Thanks for visiting!