Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Whats Going On Wednesday


Here's whats going on today! Top pic is soon to be 56x64 random patch & minky blanket for Angie's mom for Christmas. I figured out the tray method works for this kind of project. As I've mentioned before I don't use a 'pattern', just lay out the fabric patches in a pleasing combo in the length & width needed. I set up the top row and left row and then fill in the middle. I need to organize by size and color so when the next patch is needed, I have in my mind which color & size & then I can easily find it with this method. It will be waaaaaay easier when I have more space in my new sewing rm~ which brings us to the bottom pic. The gold walls are my family room~ obviously not currently in use! The framed room next to it will be the exercize/utility room. My new sewing room will be on top of these rooms. They think the framing of that room will be Thurs/Fri, so I just can't wait! BTW, it was so cold last night with that roof off of the family room. Our bedrooms are upstairs, so at least we had a buffer from the cold. The furnace turned on at 2am, so my husband had to run into the garage last night and unplug it!!!! Not much sleep. :( Hopefully, the sheeting will go up today!

2 comments:

inkie-mumma said...

how exciting! I'm trying to convince my wonderful husband to go up rather than look for a new house. With three kids (one with ASD) the last thing I want to be doing is packing up a moving lol

I'll be watching for up dates on this :)

Sherry Hicks said...

This is going to be so exciting seeing your completed workout and sewing rooms! It will be wonderful to have so much space!
So happy for you!
Sherry

Thanks for visiting!