Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jamie Dress Finished!

Wow! Had so much fun sewing this dress, the deadline for the sew along really helped me. Here's my take on it: The size I made after taking my measurements was one size larger than if I were to buy a dress at the store. I have a small bust so I didn't make the bodice one size larger as Sara recommended . I ended up cutting the front elastic smaller still to adjust further. For the skirt I used my ruffling foot and ended up using one WOF, (width of fabric) trimming the selvedges,
plus about 5". I just cut the skirt width after pinning it to the bodice. It is a tad poufy, but not too bad. Overall, the fit was awesome for the bodice and the instructions were easy to follow. Somehow I missed the step to encase the elastic, so its free flowing on the bodice, but it seems fine. Love love the patchwork I did for the bodice. Its adds some fun without being to busy using all black and white fabrics~ not that I am opposed to mixing it up!! I now have a fun basic black dress. :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh Monique you are one beautiful lady..and that dress looks amazing on you!!! I too love the patchwork at the top. Thanks for your creative take on the Jamie...and for being such a good friend to us always. xoxox Jennifer

ShantyGirl said...

Monique this is a very cute dress! I love the amount of patchwork you used and the colors are just very beautiful. Model is beautiful as well.......
Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!
Sherry

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Beautiful Monique!! YAY!! I think doing the patchwork on the bodice was the right choice, it really makes your dress pop!! So happy to see your finished dress! :-)

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

What a gorgeous dress, a gorgeous model and I love the name :)

Mary said...

Great job! I love it, especially the fun patchwork!

Thanks for visiting!