I am participating in the sew along Jamie dress with Sara from http://www.sewsweetness.com/. I have procrastinated in starting this project mostly because I couldn't figure out which fabrics. They needed to be from my bursting stash, so I went round and round. I finally decided a basic black dress would be nice in one of my fav prints, Casey Scroll. Still didn't cut it out. I kept thinking of patchwork like Sara did for one of her dresses, but I just wasn't sure. I really don't think I could cut out and sew using all the same print. I'm just a patchwork kinda person. I finally decided on using 4 1/2" strips with the center of the front bodice larger to fussy cut the flower. This is how I sew~ 4 1/2 sounds good. Oh, whoops, I need another 1/2". I"ll just add more of the polka dot. I just fly by the seat of my pants. It works well for quilts~ not so much for clothing!! It is fine, hopefully no one will notice the extra add on. I couldn't sleep last night & I felt creative so I went through my fabrics and picked out which ones & sewed them up for the bodice and cut out the other pieces. Then I got everything ready to sew the next day & went to bed at 1:15. Then as I was trying to sleep I thought about using the fancy stitches on my machine to give it a crazy quilt look and a little more detail. Sheesh, finally went to sleep. Got to get back to bumper sewing and then fit in the dress in between today. More pics posted on my flickr page.