Saturday, October 22, 2011

Purple, Lavender, Plum, Lilac


What ever shade you like of purple, its probably represented in the pictures above. Suddenly, lots of people want purple & I'm glad to see it! My bedroom used to be purples.
Laura Ashley House Party plum

This Laura Ashley fabric was my bedroom inspiration and I made a whole cloth quilt with this on one side and a quilting weight cotton on the other. Just love it! Someday if we ever have a guest room, it will be purple so I can use all the components from my former bedroom. :)
The top picture is a finished closeup of a patchwork and minky blanket~ notice no quilting~ just patchwork on one side, minky on the other. I backed it with lavender minky fleece. The second pic is a quilt I finished with Tula Pink's Topiary print on the back. I love the Bungalow Stripe in kiwi by Michael Miller for the binding. I'm almost out, then its gone! I enjoyed combining the plums and lavenders with limes. I scroll quilted with lilac thread. The next picture down with fabrics scribbled out is a future baby quilt. There are some similar fabrics, but each one is unique in their own way. I'm glad we have a better selection out there for purple. Not enough in my opinion, but who knows what's ahead??

Thanks for visiting!