Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ooh La La Liberty!

I have the priviledge of working with a Liberty fabric for a patchwork/minky blanket for Kim! Its the fabric on the left. I had only heard of this fabric before, never worked with it. It IS $40/yd!! Kim is an accomplished sewer and fellow fabric lover and really wanted it for her daughters blanket, so she bought a half yard for it and had it shipped to my house. She also picked out all the fabrics except for 2 purples I am considering adding pending her approval. Looking at the pic, I like the woodgrain from Eva Basic Grey. It goes with the bird theme. Anna's flowers on the left looks good, but not great. Too many new colors. I think photos of fabric groups really help in decision making which is why I frequently post fabric groupings on my flickr site to help my customers decide on fabrics. Even if she doesn't want the woodgrain added, this blanket will be fabulous~ I'm looking forward to sewing it up and playing with the famous Liberty fabric!!

3 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

What beautiful fabric, golly I would be afraid to cut the Liberty! I have see that Fabric companies fabric on Purl Soho's site before. Great fabric!

inkie-mumma said...

wow, they all look so good together! Checked with the boss, she loves the wood grain! yay cause I do too lol but the daisy fabric is a thumbs down, a no green allowed rule has formed in her bed room lol

walklet said...

I am really loving that woodgrain fabric!

Thanks for visiting!