Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sewing Machine Cover


When my blogging friend, Jenny Fish told me she was turning 40, I really wanted to make her something. Its fun making something for someone who sews as much as I do! I decided on a sewing machine cover~ BTW, I don't have one for my machine yet, so this was an experiment of sorts. I opted for all Jennifer Paganelli fabrics since we share a love of all things Sis Boom. I used 8" strips of as many different fabrics as I could find and sewed white Kona cotton to each side. Then I quilted across each strip then free motion quilted the white part (I tried to put her name on it if you look closely at the top~ J's are hard to quilt!). For the back I used Nancy in aqua from the So St Croix line because I know Jenny is partial to Jennifer's blues! One end is finished with a striped ruffle and the other I experimented with using a selvedge edge & it seemed to work! Ribbon ties complete the cover~ which Jenny calls her sewing machine 'blanket'. I wanted it to 'puddle' so I made it a little longer. It looks more feminine, don't you think? Can't wait to make one for me!

8 comments:

Venezie Designs said...

I love it - very pretty!

Kera said...

This is gorgeous! I have been wanting to make one for myself and this is just the inspiration I needed.

Melissa P said...

That Jenny is one lucky 40 yr. old. You did an excellent job on this, Monique! So pretty and perfectly Sis Boom.

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I just LOVE my machine cover! It makes my space look so much cheerier and YES Jennifer Paganelli's blues make me SWOON! She is the queen of color in my book. You are the queen of quilts, bags and crib bedding! You are amazing and your work is impeccable! I wish I would have known about you back when my son was on the way. Love you girl!

Jennifer said...

Wow that is amazing and knowing Jenny she will probably cry!!!! How thrilling to see you all getting to know one another through your passions..there is nothing better!!!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow, that looks beautiful! I really enjoy the ruffle on the bottom, too!

Crazy Bird said...

I LOVE this!! What are the dimensions of the finished cover?

Sewn With Grace said...

This is gorgeous!! Do you mind my asknig what kind of machine you have? I'm going to have to purchase a new one and I'm asking around for advice. Blessings!

Thanks for visiting!