Sunday, April 29, 2012

West Indies Gum Drop Pillow



I love all those 'poufs' that I see popping up everywhere, so I decided to try Amy Butler's Gum Drop pillow pattern and make one to match Holly's room. Truth be told, this was cut out months ago and last night we decided to finish! Yay! One to check of my WIP list! The pattern was really pretty easy. The hardest part was ironing open the curved seams, but it doesn't have to be 'perfect'. Holly was helping me make it until she burnt her finger while ironing~ bummer! The pattern piece calls for cutting it out on the fold for each piece, so instead I made a full size pattern from interfacing, so that made the cutting out quicker. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and may make some for my family room. We can always use extra seating. I used the largest size, 24" and it's pretty big! Jennifer Paganelli West Indies fabrics were used~ Chandler & Luca in Brandy were used. You can find them here

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

Talk about a conversation piece!

Sweet Baby Jamie said...

It's really cute! I have that same pattern and just saw it today while I was cleaning. Sad to say I have never used it, maybe it's time!!!

flowergirl said...

I've made two and they turned out awesome! I even embroidered my granddaughters initial on the top panel. LOTS of stuffing though. I used almost double what it calls for! Would be interested in finding out if anyone has used foam pieces.

Thanks for visiting!