Friday, March 19, 2010

Mom and Dad's Bags

I had the opportunity with a custom order to make a diaper bag for both mom & dad. This was a fun order because I hadn't made a bag for a dad yet, and the mom wanted Anna Maria Horner's oilcloth/laminate fabric. More pictures are posted on my flickr site~ link on the right side~ of the inside of these bags. She chose Happy Campers basketweave for the outside and Joel Dewberry's woodgrain & a Happy Campers scene for the inside of the dad's bag. The laminate was a little tricky to work with when the laminated side was face down on my sewing machine and the other side facing up was laminated. I had to kind of manually pull the fabric through. When the non laminated side was down on the sewing machine it was a breeze to sew. I definately need to change my needle now, too as it dulls it a little. All in all, I would make it again. Hope the husband and wife love their bags!

2 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Gorgeous bags! I love the his and hers idea. Great thinking.

Givinya De Elba said...

My husband LOVES the man's bag. His mates said that the lovely diaper bag you made me was too girly for him to use. But he's tough, he's okay with it! But he loves that guy's version there!

Thanks for visiting!